Quick, easy, super delicious! Serves 3 to 4.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large fennel bulb, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine (dry means not a sweet wine)
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp, deveined, tails can stay on (thaw shrimp first if frozen)
- 2 pounds mussels, washed and scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Optional: Warmed french bread for serving
- Heat a large skillet to medium. Melt butter. Then add fennel, salt, pepper and saute 10 minutes until fennel softens and browns slightly. Then add shallots and saute additional 5 to 7 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add the broth and wine. Bring to a boil and reduce 8 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Then add mussels, sprinkle the parsley, cover and simmer 5 to 6 minutes until all mussels…
View original post 34 more words